Almond Chocolate Whole Wheat Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup ground almond
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F (175 °C). Line 2 muffin pans with 18 liners.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, ground almond, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add eggs, milk, honey and olive oil.
- Mix for 2 minutes on medium and then stir in the boiling water, the batter will be thin.
- Fill each liner about ¾ full – almost to the top.
- Bake for 15 – 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with some moist crumbs, but no liquid.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tins, and then turn out onto a rack to cool.
NotesExpect a nutty chocolaty muffin, with a crispy top and a moist inside. The recipe was adapted from Texan Erin Baking.