How to Discuss Sex and Relationships with Your Children
28 November @ 7:00 PM - 26 December @ 9:00 PM
The introduction of statutory Relationships Education and Sex & Relationships Education is a concern for many Muslim parents. The reality is our children are growing up in a society in which sexual relationships outside of marriage are the norm. This norm is reinforced by mass media, social media and the friends around them. This is compounded by the fact that our children are growing up without clear guidance from their parents. Is it any wonder many of our Muslim children are growing up and rejecting the values of their parents, some are unfortunately rejecting Islam completely.
Whilst it is true that we cannot change the direction society is heading in. How do we proactively respond to living in a secularised and sexualised society? How do we nurture strong Muslim children who live the values we live and cherish?
This unique online course will highlight the key areas Muslim parents need to be mindful about and provide practical, Islamically grounded techniques to respond to the challenges we know our children face.
Whilst this course has been delivered in many forms to thousands of Muslim parents over the past 8 years, the online platform enables a more in-depth exploration of the issues and possible solutions.
This interactive course will include:
- The 5 conversations you must have with your children about LGBT
- The 7 Habits of Highly Successful Muslim Parents
- What we can learn from the prophet’s(salAllahu alaihi wasallam) interaction with a young man
- The 5 concepts that help build firm foundations in our children
- The 5 things that parents need to get right
- The 3 potential Influencers of your children
- The 3 things fathers need to give their children?
- The 10 approaches parents need to embrace to discuss sex and relationships with their children
This course will be delivered over 5 sessions by Yusuf Patel who has been supporting parents over the past 12 years in both navigating SRE/RHE/RSHE in schools, as well as how parents can support their children to respond to the challenges of living in a hyper-sexualised society.
Note: As this will be an interactive course, we will be using Zoom breakout rooms. In order to ensure participants are able to speak freely, we will be separating the groups by male/female. Therefore if you are a married couple that wish to attend the course together, you must book the couples ticket.