Who we are
Our website address is: muslimaguide.com.
This Policy explains how we may Process your information. This Policy may be amended or updated from time to time, so please check it regularly for updates.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Muslima Guide receives, collects and stores any information you enter on our website or provide us in any other way. In addition, we collect the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information and purchase history. We may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page.
Muslima Guide also collect personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, communications); comments, feedback, product reviews, recommendations, and personal profile.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you fill out the contact form to get in touch with Muslima Guide, you may be required to submit your name, postal address; telephone and/or mobile number; email address; and your public social media handles or profile(s).
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We and our partners (including but not limited to e-commerce partners, affiliates, and analytics providers) also may use technologies such as pixel tags, e-tags, IP addresses, Local Shared Objects, Local Storage, Flash cookies and HTML5 to analyse trends; administer the Services; collect and store information such as user settings, anonymous browser identifiers and video viewing history; supplement our server logs and other methods of traffic and response measurement; track users’ location and movements around the Services; gather demographic information about our user base; and to improve our understanding of traffic on the Services, visitor behaviour, and responses to promotional campaigns. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these third party companies on an individual and aggregated basis. For example, we may connect information about your IP address to known corporate or User Information and use the associated information related to aggregate content preferences to assist in our efforts to market services to you or the originating corporation(s). Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing Local Storage.
Who we share your data with
We may disclose your User Information to: legal and regulatory authorities; our external advisors; parties who Process User Information on our behalf (“Processors”); any party as necessary in connection with legal proceedings; any party as necessary for investigating, detecting or preventing criminal offences; any purchaser of our business; and any third party providers of advertising, plugins or content used on the Services.
We may disclose your User Information to other entities within the Company group, for legitimate business purposes (including operating the Services, and providing services to you), in accordance with applicable law. In addition, we may disclose your User Information to:
- legal and regulatory authorities, upon request, or for the purposes of reporting any actual or suspected breach of applicable law or regulation;
- outside professional advisors (such as accountants, auditors, or lawyers), subject to binding contractual obligations of confidentiality;
- third party Processors (such as analytic providers; data centres; etc.), located anywhere in the world, subject to the requirements noted below in this Section 9;
- any relevant party, law enforcement agency or court, to the extent necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal rights;
- any relevant party for the purposes of prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offences or the execution of criminal penalties, including safeguarding against and the prevention of threats to public security;
- any relevant third party acquirer(s), in the event that we sell or transfer all or any relevant portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganisation, dissolution or liquidation);
- any relevant third party provider, where our Services use third party advertising, plugins or content. If you choose to interact with any such advertising, plugins or content, information about your activities on the Services and Channels to provide you targeted advertising based upon your interests may be shared with the relevant third party provider. If you click or tap on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria;
For some of our Services, we may make some information, such as the name of our users, their mailing address, phone number, email address—and in certain circumstances their employer’s name, company size and other industry data—available on a rental or other basis (e.g., sale) to third party providers of goods and services, for example, when such information is provided in connection with certain content available on our websites. Depending on where you reside, when you register for certain Services, we may share the Personal Information you provide with certain advertisers and sponsors.
With respect to surveys and quizzes, in the event that responses are publicly disclosed, users will be notified at the time they take the survey or quiz. Otherwise we will disclose only aggregate information regarding its users’ responses in surveys or quizzes to other participants in the survey. Where surveys or quizzes allow users to submit written comments, and where Muslima Guide advises users of the possibility of such disclosure at the time they take the survey or quiz, Muslima Guide reserves the right to disclose any information provided by users, provided that no User Information identifying a specific user is disclosed.
Muslima Guide and some of our advertisers may use third party advertising service companies to serve advertisements, for OBA or otherwise, and perform related services when you interact with the Services. Often, these third party advertising companies employ cookies and other technologies to measure the effectiveness of website, app and email advertisements and to create a record of interaction with our content that they use in conjunction with their advertising which appears on other sites or applications, or for reporting website traffic, app use, statistics, advertisement data and/or other activities on the Services. We also engage third party providers to assist with the segmentation of this data.
We may also sell or transfer Online Data to certain third parties such as advertisers who will use this data to serve ads that they believe are relevant to your interests, and who agree to maintain the confidentiality of this information. Some of these third parties may combine the Online Data with their own data about you to form a more detailed picture.
We may engage third party providers to assist with the collection, storage and segmentation of Online Data and the providers are required to maintain the confidentiality of this information. These third party providers may collect User Information from our Services for their own purposes, including but not limited to monitoring fraud around the web.
We may also engage third parties for the purpose of recognising our users and delivering interest-based content and advertisements to them. We may share your User Information with our partners such as your name, postal address, email, or other identifier. Our partners may also: (i) collect information directly from your device, such as your IP address, device ID, advertising ID, and information about your browser or operating system; (ii) combine User Information about you received from Muslima Guide with information about you from other sites or services; and (iii) place or recognise a unique cookie on your browser.
If we engage a third-party Processor to Process your User Information, the Processor will be subject to binding contractual obligations to: (i) only Process the User Information in accordance with our prior written instructions; and (ii) use measures to protect the confidentiality and security of the User Information; together with any additional requirements under applicable law.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
We may Process: your personal details (e.g., your name); demographic data (e.g., your age); your contact details (e.g., your address); records of your consents; purchase details; details of your employer (where relevant); information about your interactions with our content or advertising; and any views or opinions you provide to us.
How we protect your data
We implement appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your User Information. Please ensure that any Personal Information that you send to us is sent securely.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational security measures designed to protect your User Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure, unauthorised access, and other unlawful or unauthorised forms of Processing, in accordance with applicable law. In certain instances we may use Secure Sockets Layer encryption and/or transfer certain User Information in a non-human readable format to provide protection. However, we cannot guarantee there will not be a breach, and we are not responsible for any breach of security or for the actions of any third parties.
Because the internet is an open system, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will implement reasonable measures to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us using the internet. Any such transmission is at your own risk and you are responsible for ensuring that any Personal Information that you send to us are sent securely.
What data breach procedures we have in place
A privacy breach occurs when there is unauthorized access to or collection, use, disclosure or disposal of personal information. You will be notified about data breaches when Muslima Guide believes you are likely to be at risk or serious harm. For example, a data breach may be likely to result in serious financial harm or harm to your mental or physical well-being. In the event that Muslima Guide becomes aware of a security breach which has resulted or may result in unauthorized access, use or disclosure of personal information Muslima Guide will promptly investigate the matter and notify the applicable Supervisory Authority not later than 72 hours after having become aware of it, unless the personal data breach is unlikely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons.
What third parties we receive data from
We may collect or obtain User Information about you: directly from you (e.g., where you contact us); in the course of our relationship with you (e.g., if you make a purchase); when you make your Personal Information public (e.g., if you make a public post about us on social media); when you download, install, or use any of our Services; when you visit our Services; when you register to use any part of the Services; or when you interact with any third party content or advertising on the Services. We may also receive User Information about you from third parties (e.g., social network sites). We may also create User Information about you, such as records of your interactions with us. Muslima Guide is not responsible for Personal Information you volunteer about yourself in public areas of the Services. This Policy does not cover the practices of third parties who may provide information about you to Muslima Guide.
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
We may also Process information about you from your use of our Services (e.g., the type of device you are using, the internet service provider, etc.), including your interactions with content and advertising on the Services.
“Personal Information” means information that is about any individual, or from which any individual is directly or indirectly identifiable.
“Process”, “Processing” or “Processed” means anything that is done with any Personal Information, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
We may Process the following categories of Personal Information about you:
- Personal details: your name; username or log in details; password; areas or topics of interest; information provided in response to quizzes or surveys or to use certain health-related programs, such as weight goals and caloric intake; and photograph (if you or another user posts a photo on the Service).
- Demographic information: gender; age/date of birth; nationality; salutation; job title, company information, education, work experience and other professional information; and language preferences.
- Contact details: postal address; telephone and/or mobile number; email address; and your public social media handles or profile(s).
- Consent records: records of any consents you may have given, together with the date and time, means of consent and any related information (e.g., the subject matter of the consent).
- Location information: location data that describes the precise geographic location of your device (“Precise Location Data”).
- Purchase and payment details: records of purchases and prices; invoice records; payment records; billing address; payment method; cardholder or accountholder name; payment amount; and payment date.
- Employer details: where you interact with us in your capacity as an employee, the contact information of your employer (including name, address, telephone number and email address) to the extent relevant.
- Views and opinions: any views and opinions that you or other users choose to send to us, or publicly post about us on social media platforms or in the Services, including on forums.
We also collect other kinds of information from you or other sources, which we refer to as “Other Information” in this Policy, which may include but is not limited to:
- Information about your use of the Services, such as usage data and statistical information, which may be aggregated.
- Browsing history including the websites or other services you visited before and after interacting with the Services.
- Searches for and interactions with e-commerce opportunities, such as merchants and offers contained in the Services.
- Non-precise information about the approximate physical location (for example, at the city or zip code level) of a user’s computer or device derived from the IP address of such computer or device (“GeoIP Data”).
- Device identification (“ID”), which is a distinctive number associated with a smartphone or similar handheld device, but is different than a hardware serial number.
- Advertising ID, which is a unique, user-resettable identification number for advertising associated with a device (e.g., iOS uses the Identifier for Advertising (or “IDFA”) and Android uses Google Advertising ID).
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, which is a unique string of numbers automatically assigned to your device whenever you access the Internet.
- Device type, settings and software used.
- Log files, which may include IP addresses, browser type, ISP referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps and/or clickstream data, including any clicks on customised links.
- Web Beacons, which are electronic files that allow a website to count users who have visited that page or to access certain cookies.
- Pixel Tags, also known as clear GIFs, beacons, spotlight tags or web bugs, which are a method for passing information from the user’s computer to a third party website.
- Local Shared Objects, such as Flash cookies, and Local Storage, such as HTML5.
- Mobile analytics to understand the functionality of our mobile applications and software on your phone.
Under certain circumstances and depending on applicable law, some of this Other Information may constitute Personal Information. Personal Information together with Other Information is hereinafter referred to as “User Information”.
(effective from 09 August, 2020)