Coconut Corn Muffins
Ready in 30 minutes
Serves 10 – 12 Muffins
½ cup yellow cornmeal
½ cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded/desiccated coconut
1 cup condensed milk / honey
½ cup + 2 tablespoons water (if using condensed milk) or milk (if using honey)
1 tablespoon oil
½ teaspoon vanilla
¼ cup of dried cranberry (you can add ½ cup if you prefer).
- Set oven to 350*F and grease and flour muffin cups or use paper liner.
- Combine all the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl whisk the milk/ water/honey, egg, oil, vanilla.
- Pour over the dry ingredients.
- Add your cranberry.
- Mix until just moist and incorporated.
- Spoon into muffin cups 2/3 to 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.