Whole Wheat Quick Buns
Ready in 30 minutes : Yields 8-12
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons warm milk
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar/honey
- 2 tablespoons dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 extra egg Sesame seeds (optional)
- Combine water, milk, yeast, oil and sugar/honey; let rest for 15 minutes.
- Add salt, egg, and flour to yeast mixture and mix well.
- Roll out 3/4 inch thick and cut into 10-12 rounds.
- Place rolls on oiled parchment paper or foil.
- Brush the top with the extra egg.
- Optional: sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 400-425*F for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Be careful not to over-bake or they will be too dry.
Note:I shaped mine differently. If you have time, let it rise for 30 minutes before rolling and cutting them into round disks. If you still have time, give it a 15-30 minutes 2nd rise after cutting them into disks.